A Leader in Home Care Since 1965

Greater Adirondack Home Aides is a non-profit home health care agency licensed by the NYS Department of Health to provide home care services to individuals in the community. GAHA was established in 1965 by a group of women who recognized a need in the community for assistance to the elderly in activities of daily living.

Call Us Today (518) 926-7070

Now Hiring! Open Interviews on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday from 10a-2p

Payment Options


Individuals who have or are eligible for Medicaid should inquire at their local Department of Social Services about home health care. Medicaid may cover the total cost of services or a portion of the cost based on the recipients income level. www.ocfs.state.ny.us/main/localdss.asp


Medicare may cover Home Health Aide services on a part-time or intermittent basis. A home health aide supports the nurse by providing services such as help with bathing, toileting, dressing, or other personal care. Medicare doesn't cover home health aide services unless you are also getting skilled care such as nursing care or other therapy. The home health aide services must be part of the home care for your illness or injury.

Requirements to be eligible for home care services through Medicare:

  • Your doctor must decide that you need medical care at home, and make a plan for your care.
  • You must need intermittent skilled nursing care, physical therapy, speech-language therapy, or to continue occupational therapy.
  • You must be homebound, or normally unable to leave home without help. To be homebound means that leaving home takes considerable and taxing effort. You can be homebound and still leave home for medical treatment or short, infrequent absences for non-medical reasons, such as trips to a barber or church.

For more information on Medicare eligibility, please refer to your local Department of Health. http://www.health.ny.gov/


We contract with the VA to provide home health care services to veterans. VA checks to carefully ensure that home care agency staff has the right training and skills to provide services to veterans. The home care agency will provide the services that the VA requests, based on a service plan that you, your family, and your VA health care provider develop.

The best source for determining what assistance is available for these VA services is the Social Work department at the nearest VA facility. To find the nearest facility, visit the VA facility page Click on your state, and the VA medical centers will be listed along with phone numbers.

Private Pay

If you do not qualify for any of the funding options outlined above, you can choose to pay for services privately. From time to time, we receive grant money which we use to reduce the full private pay rate for individuals who qualify based on household income.

For more information on our private pay services, please contact Lori Warner, our Registered Nurse at (518) 926-7070.